November 20, 2014

"Eight Terrible Titles"

my friend Christine Hardy posted this writing game on facebook. to play, you blindly scroll through your manuscript. as you scroll, let your cursor fall wherever it may. select the phrase it lands on and–BAM! you’ve got yourself one terrifically terrible title! repeat this 7 more times.

i used my forever work-in-progress, Black Heart, and gave myself a good chuckle. if you feel like playing along, leave your terrible titles in the comments.

1. The Dark Presence was Back

2. Like a Normal Family

3. You’re Bleeding

4. Shouldn’t You Have Inherited It?

5. She Counted Place Settings

6. You Look Like You Know Something 

7. I Can’t Count the Number of Times Mother Scolded Me

8. You Know You Have to Marry Her Now

2 comments:

MorningAJ said...

I quite like "You're Bleeding". I might actually read that!

No fiction WIP at the moment but:

Either Accidental or Intentional

came out of a piece of non-fiction I did for work.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What's scary is how many of those could be actual book titles...
From my upcoming book - Two Assistants in the Engine Room. Yeah, that really sounds exciting...