February 5, 2012
Rachel Mary Bean of Writing on the Wall gifted me with two blogging awards. now i get to list 10 random things about me and pass these on. let me see if i can list things i haven't listed before...
1. i was in speech and debate in high school. most nerve wracking class i ever had.
2. i celebrate 4 major holidays/events in the space of a week-- Christmas, birthday, New Years, and my anniversary. obviously the birthday i couldn't help, but what was i thinking getting married on January 2nd? oh yeah...i'd just graduated from college and i was tired of waiting.
3. i'm a fan of Steven Waddington on facebook. some of the people there know him. i've mentioned i wrote a novel using him as a main character. if he ever says anything i'll freak. at the same time, something in me wants to meet him. that would probably make me freak too.
4. i used to live in Mesa, AZ. Mesa is Spanish for flat-topped hill. i moved to Butte, MT. a butte is a flat-topped hill (and is pronounced like the beaut in beautiful). God has a sense of humor.
5. i also moved from one desert to another. this one is just colder.
6. i told my kids that when it got to 20 below here (which it hasn't yet), they could remind me how much i hated the heat in the Phoenix area. last summer it got up to 118.
7. my middle name is Denise.
8. my maiden name is Engbretson. none of my teachers could pronounce it right on my first day in their class. at least it wasn't Trzbiatowksi (that's Treb-uh-TUH-skee).
9. i know a Trzbiatowski family in Wisconsin.
10. i was very happy to marry a Gregory.
i'm not sure how many people to pass this onto, and i don't remember who i've given an award to, and who i haven't, but here goes. (and as a note, i hate leaving people out, and i knew i couldn't list every blog i visit, but i think you're all great.)
Wake up, eat, sleep, write (what a great name for a blog)
The Bookshelf Muse
Alex J. Cavanaugh