April 25, 2011

A-Z - uniqueness

if i'm not me, who will be? no one else has my perspective, my life experiences, or my voice. how much will the world miss if i decide to hide and not let my true self come out?

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. ~Dr. Seuss


I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I'd just been myself. ~Brittany Renée


You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~Robin Williams


Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland


It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings


Rabbi Zusya said that on the Day of Judgment, God would ask him, not why he had not been Moses, but why he had not been Zusya. ~Walter Kaufmann


There is something in every one of you that waits and listens for the sound of the genuine in yourself. It is the only true guide you will ever have. And if you cannot hear it, you will all of your life spend your days on the ends of strings that somebody else pulls. ~Howard Thurman

3 comments:

mooderino said...

Some excellent quotes, cheers.
mood
Moody Writing

K.C. Woolf said...

Wonderful quotes, thank you :-)

Shannon Lawrence said...

Love the quotes! The one by e.e. cummings is especially inspirational, as it makes me wonder if his style of poetry was accepted right away or if it was considered too different. I also like the Robin Williams quote. I'm happy to embrace the spark of madness within me.