April 23, 2011

A-Z - tea


if you've read some of my posts on revising my first novel for re-release, you'll know that somehow my characters ended up having a lot of discussions over tea. maybe they're all British. (and to my British readers, please forgive me. i'm probably generalizing.)

Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world. ~T'ien Yiheng



Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company. ~Author Unknown



There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.  ~Bernard-Paul Heroux
 
A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea, which is one you forget about afterwards.  ~A.A. Milne
 
Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings! ~Author Unknown



You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.  ~C.S. Lewis

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You know, I've never been a big tea drinker. I don't drink coffee, either. Maybe I'm just odd...

Unknown said...

I have to admit I've never been into tea. It looks so beautiful and smells so yummy that I'm always disappointed by how watery and bland it tastes. But I like the *idea* of tea drinking. That counts for something, right? ;)

jkraus8464 said...

I love tea. Do not drink coffee at all but now tea, that is different. I have gone to a number of High Tea and Tea in the afternoon get togethers and they are lots of fun. Great food with them!

Anonymous said...

I love iced tea, especially sweetened. But I've heard so many people recommend the different hot teas, that I may try one soon. I love all your "tea" quotes.
PS--Thank you for reading and commenting on so many of my blog posts.

dolorah said...

Cool quotes. I'm a Diet Pepsi fanatic myself :)

......dhole

Shannon Lawrence said...

Funnily enough, I discovered my characters were frequently talking over coffee, so I ended up cutting the coffee out of the scenes because it seemed to me like I was obsessed, despite the fact that I have decaf coffee maybe once per week. Ha!

Good luck on the rest of the A to Z Challenge!