July 29, 2009

review for Mary Connealy's Montana Rose


From the first moments of reading Mary's Petticoat Ranch, I knew I was going to be a Mary Connealy fan. I liked the way her sense of humor came across in her story. With each book in the “Lassoed in Texas” series, I appreciated her wit as her characters dealt with difficult issues.

When I picked up Montana Rose, I was expecting the same thing. At first I was disappointed with the more serious tone, but as I continued reading, I started to care about Cassie and Red. Would Cassie realize that Red loved her for who she was and not for who she thought she had to be? Would Red be patient with Cassie as she learned how to walk in grace instead of legalism?

Whether she’s being funny or serious, Mary tells a good story. She says she doesn’t write like Janette Oke, but I’d rather read Mary Connealy any day. I look forward to reading the other books in her “Married in Montana” series.

You can search inside here: Montana Rose on Amazon.

You can visit Mary's Website here: Mary Connealy. You'll also find a link to her blog Real Life Petticoat Ranch.

No comments: