June 7, 2009

revisions, revisions

ah yes, the wonderful revsion. for the first time since starting my writing journey (back in 2005), i'm enjoying a revision. having finished the first draft of my sequel to Eldala, i decided i wanted to work on the 3rd draft of a chick romance i wrote in 2008.

i usually don't look forward to revisions. i'd much rather write a first draft, but this time i'm having fun with rearranging words and scenes. i think my 3rd draft word count is up to 28,000, give or take.

since i'm in the middle of this process, i thought i'd post some quotes about revising.

I can't write five words but that I can change seven. ~ Dorothy Parker

To be a writer is to throw away a great deal, not to be satisfied, to type again, and then again and once more, and over and over. ~ John Hersey

Books are never finished, they are merely abandoned. ~ Oscar Wilde (this is how i felt about my first book.)

for more quotes on revising (and other things), you can click here: Michelle's quotes

2 comments:

Lara said...

Michelle,
Ah! I'm in the same place with my novel. Just spent four days at the Write to Publish conference and learned a ton of stuff. It has me excited to revise.

Glad the process is going well for you this time around.

Yes, I'm still here. Thanks for checking in a few weeks ago. It's just been a very, very busy time for me.

: ) Lara

Donetta said...

Sounds like your having fun :)
Any word on the gathering for Julie's Birthday?
The kids want Anna, they will call her tomorrow...yikes I just got bit by an ant! They were talking about her before we were even out of the forest.