January 30, 2009

ok, so not every day

when i get going on my novel's first draft, it seems that all good intentions for my blog go sailing out the closest window. sigh. but i *am* at 32,000 words and the plot is going along nicely.

i did want to share something i got in my email yesterday. i signed up for the Ransomed Heart daily readings (taken from all of John Eldredge's books) and the one i got yesterday reminded me to think of all the things that i love.

Everything you love is what makes a life worth living. Take a moment ... and make a list of all the things you love. Don’t edit yourself; don’t worry about prioritizing or anything of that sort. Simply think of all the things you love. Whether it’s the people in your life or the things that bring you joy or the places that are dear to you or your God, you could not love them if you did not have a heart. Loving requires a heart alive and awake and free. A life filled with loving is a life most like the one that God lives, which is life as it was meant to be (Eph. 5:1–2).

so i thought i would share part of my list with you.

butterflies --- hummingbirds --- my husband --- my kids and their uniqueness --- the Grand Canyon --- sunsets --- sunrises --- orange blossoms --- the sea shore --- sea shells --- pine forests --- chocolate --- time with friends --- a good story (in book or movie form) --- intimacy with my husband (yes, i said that in a public forum - good for me) --- dragonflies --- cheetahs --- giraffes --- flamingos --- writing

maybe you will take the time today to list the things you love - the things that make life worth living.

No comments: