as usual, i’m late again in participating. and again i ask, just ten?
1. The Legend of Bagger Vance – Will Smith and Matt Damon are great in this. we especially love Will Smith’s mystic character.
2. The Avengers – we watched this 3 times in the theater, and could hardly wait for it to come out on blu-ray. when it did, we must have watched it five times in two weeks. maybe more. i have the lines memorized now.
3. speaking of Joss Whedon… someone showed us Serenity a few years ago and i thought it was a little strange. but then we saw it on tv, rented it, loved it, and decided to buy it. and then we had to watch Firefly. yes, they were different, and i actually prefer watching Firefly (minus a few episodes that were just strange), whereas my boys prefer the movie. do i dare admit that my favorite character is Inara? Watt is a close second.
4. Inception – it took me about 3 times of watching this to figure out what was going on, but when i did, i liked it. and i love the music. Hans Zimmer is one of my favorite composers.
5. The Hobbit – in our small town, movies don’t last a long time, so although we’d planned to watch this a second time in the theater, we didn’t get the chance. we’re looking forward to the blu-ray release, and i’m sure we’ll watch it a few times in that first week.
6. The Adjustment Bureau – not my kids’ favorite, but i like it because it helped me solidify a major part of the plot for my sequel. and i love the idea of two people fighting for forbidden love. J
7. Robin Hood (with Russell Crowe) – despite the poor way they depict King Richard, i like this for the story and the medieval feel. i especially love the sweet way Robin treats Marian.
8. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows – who would have thought that Robert Downey, Jr. would play such a great Holmes? and Jarod Harris is superb as Moriarty.
9. the Jason Bourne series – as my boys watched these recently, i found i really liked the story. unexpected.
10. Red – talk about unexpected. i keep telling myself i should not like a movie about retired assassins, but i just can’t help it. it’s funny. “wanna get pancakes?”