my turn is up today at Loving the Reviews Challenge. you can read the interview on Brandi's blog to find out where i got my idea for Eldala, which characters i'd want to have dinner with, which ones i'd avoid, and what my super power would be if i could have one. Brandi is also giving away a free copy of Eldala.
for those of you stopping by for the first time, welcome to beautiful chaos, and here's a little bit about me.
- i'm sure you've noticed that i don't capitalize on my blog and i explain why in this post.
- i've been making up stories ever since i was a little girl but gave it up when i had to write essays and essay tests in college. i rediscovered my passion for storytelling in 2005 with the writing of Eldala, and the stories have been pouring out ever since.
- i'm an indie author, meaning i'm not looking for an agent, editor, or publisher, and i publish my books myself. among other reasons for going this route, i like the control i have over my story, my title, my cover art, and my deadlines. on the downside, i have to do everything when it comes to publishing my novels, or hire it out.
it's a hard road, but i don't think it's any harder than what my writing friends have to go through with submissions and rejections and pitches to agents. despite the difficulties, i wouldn't give up the indie author/publishing route for anything.
- i love to write fantasy. i used to say that i wrote fantasy because i like making up my facts, but since my novels take place in a medieval type world, i still have to do research to make them believable. now i realize that i write fantasy because i like the freedom i have to put other-worldy elements in my story, like heart connections and the ability to manipulate nature, etc.
- i always write romance into my stories. i'm a sucker for love stories and happy endings, especially when the characters have to overcome seemingly insurmountable odds to find love.
- i'm forty-eight, have been married to a wonderful man for 24 years, and homeschool my three creative and fun-to-be-around kids (16, 15, and 9).
- my passion is to encourage people--especially moms and teens--to follow their dreams, be they dreams of writing, getting published, dancing, painting, or whatever.
- i love hummingbirds, cats, dogs, butterflies, giraffes, cheetahs, and octopi. interesting combination of animals now that i think of it.
so that's me, in a few random bytes. for other random bytes, you can go to my "get to know me" tab at the top of the blog.