November 27, 2010

thankful

yes, it's Thanksgiving time, so it's easy to remember to be thankful, and yes, you've probably read numerous posts on the subject, but i wanted to make my own list. there are so many things in my life to be thankful for, and these are just a few of them in the grand scheme of things...

♥ i have a husband who loves me and treats me like a queen. he's my chief encourager when i want to quit writing. he loves to cook, plays with the kids, encourages me to get time to myself, and loves me just the way i am.

♥ my kids are all healthy, and the one with Crohn's Disease doesn't have any of the symptoms.

♥ i have 3 great kids. they all get along with each other. i never have to worry about the house being burned down or one of them hurting the others when i leave them alone. they're polite when we go out of the house and i enjoy being with them.

♥ my oldest son has a very creative mind and is helping me write my sequel. his name will be on the cover. how many people get to write with their 16 year old son?

♥ my husband has a job, we have a house, we have everything we need, and a lot of things we want.

♥ for the most part, we get along with our extended families and enjoy being with them.

♥ my dizzy episodes are relatively gone. i can drive anytime i want, keep the house under control, and do the things that need to be done. beyond that, i'm enjoying my life for the first time in a long time. when they do hit me, my husband has no problem doing what i can't do or being ok with it not getting done.

♥ the internet has led me to so many great friends. without it i would never have started writing and i love writing. i just have to be careful to not spend all of my time on it.

♥ even though it can drive me crazy, i'm thankful for my creative brain and all the story ideas and the ability to put them down in a way that's entertaining and encouraging.

♥ my blogging friends. what an encouraging community of writers and cool people i've found.

♥ friends from my past i've been able to connect with again. just yesterday, i visited with a lady i've known since 3rd grade. that's a 40 year friendship. cool.

♥ readers of my novel have kept me going when i thought it was time to quit.

♥ i have a God who loves me and wants the best for me, and provides more than i could ever ask for or imagine.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Amen to all of those, Michelle!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

What a wonderful list, Michelle! Thank you for sharing it.

Angela Ackerman said...

I love that your hubby is so supportive and your son is helping to write one of your books. That's just too cool for words!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse