they're calling it both, but whatever it is, Alex J. Cavanaugh is hosting it and we're supposed to list our top 10 t.v. shows. at the last minute, i decided to jump in, so here goes. they're not in any order of most to least favorite, just 10 i could call to mind that i've enjoyed over the years, and some of them go way back.
(some of the participants have pictures to go with their entries, but i don't really have the time, so i'll do the list and tell why i like it, if i can remember why. i figure i'm doing good just to get this much done.)
1. My Own Worst Enemy: i loved the concept of this regular guy finding out that he's really a spy, and the whole conflict between these two halves of himself. Christian Slater did a great job being innocent Henry and out of control Edward. my husband and i were REALLY unhappy when NBC cancelled it.
2. Star Wars The Clone Wars: we love Star Wars around here, but i didn't think i would like this. it took reading a series about the clones by Karen Traviss with my son to make me want to immerse myself more in the story of the clones and their side of the war. the storyline that K. Traviss came up with was super, but unfortunately, Mr. Lucas decided he didn't like that storyline and he changed it, so now it's not quite as much fun for me to watch, but i still watch it with my kids. we're partial to the episodes that feature bounty hunters and General Grievous.
3. MacGyver: how can you not like a guy who can make something really cool out of just junk? my kids have watched this on fancast and so i got to enjoy it all over again.
4. Highlander: my kids watched this one, too. and the reason i liked it - Adrian Paul. need i say more?
5. Mythbusters: these guys (and gal) are just cool.
6. Star Trek: the original, The Next Generation, and Voyager: i'm glad they were able to wrap up the last two with satisfying endings and not just leave us hanging.
7. The Cosby Show: just a great time all the way around.
8. M.A.S.H.: i remember attending the last episode party when i was in college. sad when it was over.
9. Magnum, P.I.: cute guy in a Ferrari. enough said. i still like Tom Selleck.
10. Good Eats: i found this one a few years ago and even though we don't watch it as much as we used to, we love the humor that Alton Brown brings to cooking. i mean, sock puppets playing the part of yeast? they make me laugh every time.
(i decided to list more here.)