July 1, 2010
Today is the day...
The day you get to share your favorite scene. Maybe you worked on it for hours. Maybe you worked on it for days. Either way, you thought it was perfect. Unfortunately, your crit partners didn't appreciate it. They suggested-- strongly suggested--that you kill it.
That's when you realized it was time to leave your crit group. They were out of their minds.
After you stopped fuming, you realized they were probably right, but you spent too much time on it to relegate the words to novel purgatory. You decided to cut it and put it in the extra text file.
What? You mean you don't have one of those? I strongly suggest that you make one. You never know when you might be able to use those words somewhere else.
Whether you cut it or used it, share your darling with us. As extra incentive, you'll be entered in a drawing for one of two books (read more here.)
Rules? Here they are.
- Pick a favorite scene that you deleted or used. Either one is ok. (We don't want to miss out on brilliant prose just because you decided to go against your crit partners' advice and use it instead of cutting it.)
- Word count: The 600 word limit is out. I'll leave it to your discretion as to how many words you share, but please be reasonable. We don't want a novella on our hands.
- Give a brief introduction to let us know how it fits in your story and what story it’s from.
- Sign up here at the bottom of this post.
- Mention the blogfest on your blog.
- Post your darling today and link back to this post so we can all read each other's darlings.
- If you want, you can tell us why it’s your favorite.
two of the links below aren't working, so here are links to those blogs: