Jen over at Woolgatherings posted about a blog parade. (btw, totally off subject, don’t you just love the name of her blog? I always feel like I’m woolgathering when I should be working on my sequel.) Since I love parties, I thought I’d participate, and it’s another way to procrastinate writing.
If you want to participate so you can get more readers to your blog, you can read the details here: Rear Window - "You All Up for Some Fun?" The party started March 1 and goes till March 8.
1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why?
I love that time when my kids are still asleep and the house is quiet. it’s not always my most productive time because my brain is still waking up, but since my house is noisy most of the time, I enjoy the quiet.
2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of?
Chocolate mint – ice cream, Girl Scout thin mints, Andes chocolate mint candies, anything.
3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?
More time – time to get everything that needed doing in a day and still time to be with my kids and write.
4. What's one thing that you get teased about a lot?
My kids and husband tease me about being so reactionary to things they say. My kids have even turned it into this thing where if they get a rise out of me, they say, “And a checkmark for Tuesday” (or whatever day it is).
5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?
If this was one of my kids answering, they would say Mythbusters, but I don’t have any of those that’s enough of a favorite to spend my life in. I’d get bored in any story, even if it were my favorite.
6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be?
Playing the flute. I’ve always wanted to, and wished I’d learned in college when I was taking music classes for my music ed degree, but never did. Or maybe I would pick speaking in public...
7.If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
New Zealand, but I’m not sure I can explain why. It just looks cool.
8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?
My kids already think I'm an awesome singer, but if you mean other people thinking I was awesome, I would pick Christian contemporary worship, but just for my church. I’d love to help lead worship.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?
Probably Borders or Barnes and Noble, or maybe Amazon. But I’d also need to shop at a furniture store for more bookshelves.
10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?
Now. Though I wish we lived in a simpler time, without the internet, I never would have started writing, and I wouldn’t have the awesome writer friends I have now.
11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?
Purple and aqua are my favorite colors, but I get easily bored, so I wouldn’t want all my clothes to be the same color.
12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?
(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)
Could I have another choice? Woolgatherer? Dreamer?
13. What's the last album you listened to?
Album makes it sound like we’re in the 70’s, but anyway… I think it was the soundtrack from Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron because my daughter and I were listening to it together on the iPod.
14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you?
I was going to post something that two of my writing friends know already, but if my blog readers knew, I might lose half of them, so I think I’ll keep this to myself. You’ll just have to wonder.
I'll say this instead: just the smell of alcohol makes me nauseated. If my husband happens to put Jim Beam in his Pepsi, I can't be anywhere near him.
and i just thought of another (as i was re-reading this at 11 pm because i couldn't sleep)... songs run in the background in my mind. it usually happens when i'm trying to get to sleep, and sometimes - like tonight - i can't get them to stop, so i get up and try to distract myself. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. it's very annoying.
Since this post is supposed to be about getting to know me better, you can also click these links:
-- random things about me
-- Michelle's writing journey in brief
-- Michelle interviews herself
if you decide to play along, let me know so i can get to know you better, too.