February 16, 2010

scam warning for writers

this is the email i received a couple of weeks ago.

My name is xxx, I am an Associate Producer for O2media Inc, we are the creators of the television show “The Balancing Act”, which airs Monday through Friday on the Lifetime Television. I am interested in finding out more about your book . As part of our show we are introducing authors and their books that we believe has interesting content that would be of value to our viewers.

I would like to set an appointment with you. I would like discuss the possibility of inviting you to be interviewed by our host on our show.
Thanks,
xxx

O2 Media, Inc.
2001 W. Sample Rd.
Ste. 101
Pompano Beach, FL 33064
P 954-691-1102 ext. 299
F 954-977-4586

i have since learned, thru the kind efforts of a friend, that this was a hoax. she sent me this link: Scam.com. one of the addresses listed is the address this sender used.

No comments: